Become a Volunteer with New Hope!
No one is more cherished than someone who takes the time to lighten the burden of another human being. New Hope is fueled by the gifts and talents of passionate people who give their time as volunteers to bring hope and healing into the lives of grieving people and families. New Hope offers a variety of rewarding opportunities for people who would like to make a difference in the lives of grieving individuals, children and families.
The process to be considered for volunteering starts with the completion of a Volunteer Interest Form (see below), an application, followed by an in-person interview and an invitation to training. The training provides insight into the demands of a volunteer and allows individuals and the agency to confirm a mutual compatibility and fit. Completion of the training does not guarantee a spot as a volunteer. Acceptance is on a case-by-case and season-by-season basis, depending on the needs of the volunteer and agency. All volunteers will be required to pass a background check.
Grief Group Facilitator
Work with grieving children, teens, and adults as they begin their journeys toward hope and healing—finding their “new normal”. Group leaders are integral to the mission of New Hope. The agency is able to serve hundreds of people every year, and this is only possible because each of our grief support groups is facilitated by volunteers who have been given strong training, and are supervised by our Program Staff.
New Hope Family Camp Volunteer
In the Spring New Hope hosts a weekend Grief Camp at Camp Ronald McDonald Camp for Good Times in Apple Canyon Center, near Idylwild, California. New Hope serves over 60 campers and families who have experienced the loss of a loved one. We depend on the support of 25 volunteers to make camp a safe, fun and a meaningful experience for our campers. Without volunteers, Family Camp could not happen.
Camp Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Healing Circle Leaders: people who lead and facilitate Healing Circles (groups) for children, teens and adults throughout the weekend. Healing Circle Leaders are needed the entire weekend, and will be required to attend a mandatory training prior to camp.
- Floaters: These volunteers assist with various tasks and activities to ensure camp is successful. Floaters may be needed for a few hours, a day, or the entire weekend depending on the need
- Camp Nurse: Camp requires us to have a registered nurse on the grounds at all times, the camp nurse will assist with minor cuts, bumps and bruises that happen during camp.
- Camp Photographer/Videographer: The Camp Photographer and Videographer will take photos and record special moments with the families throughout the weekend. These moments will then be used to promote camp, share with staff, volunteers and families.
- Special Activity Leader: At Camp we have special grief activities that require certain skill sets to lead children and families. These activities may include art + music therapy, organized games + sports, drum circles, and more.
- Entertainers: We need people who are good at making people laugh and experience fun and joy. We need a resident Camp D.J./Emcee, Magicians, face-painters, balloon-artists, comedians or any act that can bring a smile to a grieving families face.
New Hope Internship
There are currently no Internship opportunities available, please check back later. New Hope offers Internship opportunities to students who are currently enrolled in college and are interested in serving with us to help serve the grieving. All majors will be considered.
Assist in the New Hope office
- Help with mailings and preparation for our Special Events
- Help office staff with clerical work and projects
- Help prepare materials for grief groups
- Promote New Hope within the community at events
- Share New Hope with your friends, family, and co-workers
- Encourage others to get involved and give back to New Hope
Fundraisers & Special Events
Assist with fundraising and special events. Volunteers are needed for the annual golf tournament, annual Luncheon & Fashion show, Community Support Campaign, New Hope for the Holidays and other events. Contact David Leonard at (562) 429-0075 ext. 3 or email@example.com